25 REASONS TO BE GLAD TO BE IN AMERICA
Right now, in this country, even with all its problems,
1. You can buy a condo on a lake for under $15,000.
2. You can buy a house in a good neighborhood that needs a little work for $25,000. You can buy a trailer for under $1000.
3. You can sell unskilled or semi-skilled labor for $12-$20 an hour.
4. You can pay little or no taxes on a wage of under $35,000, if you go into business for yourself, know how to structure it, and are the head of a household with children.
5. You can earn a money-making qualification online for less than $1000, and you can get the money for it, if you don’t have it. You can pay it back on time after your graduate. You can learn how to fix anything in your house that doesn’t need a license, by watching a You-Tube video. You can learn any language online, for free. You can learn to play a musical instrument for free, and you can record and play your own tapes for free.
6. You can fly to a foreign country and back for under $100, if you know where to look and when.
7. You can buy a fresh loaf of bread, a big bag of crackers, a big bottle of shampoo/detergent, a box of pasta, each for $1.
8. If you bought items in bulk and with coupons, you could even get them for less. And if you cooked your own food and kept it very basic, you could feed yourself for under $50/mth. Even less, if you fish or have a little garden.
9. You can get a gym membership for $10/mth. You can create a home gym for under $10.
10. Most of the people who were foreclosed on didn’t have much money in their homes. Those that did have the means to sue, a legal system they can use without putting up a dime, and a free PR machine on the web with tools like blogger and wordpress.
11. You can rent a room in any city for $250/mth or even less, if you do some chores. You can live for free if you do housework, or can take care of older folks. You can rent a trailer for a month for under $300.
12. You can buy a computer for under $200, brand new. Second-hand computers that are functional can be bought for under $100. You can use a computer for free for an hour or more in any library.
13. You can get access to sophisticated hospitals and treatment for an insurance payment of about $100/mth. It’s not full coverage, but it will cover your for emergencies. You can get an alternative consultation for $50. A bottle of vitamins is less than $8. You can buy herbal remedies for even less. You can get excellent health advice free on dozens of internet sites. You can learn yoga online without paying a dime.
14. You can buy a functioning car for under $500.
15. You can borrow money at under 5% for most things and you can structure and restructure your finance in dozens of creative ways to save you money
16. You can buy a stock for $7.
17. You can educate yourself completely free at a good public library, available in any town.
18. You can read practically any classic book in the world on the net, for free.
19. You can make your own movies or documentaries for next to nothing on You-tube.
20. If you have a brilliant idea, you can get someone somewhere interested enough to pay you to develop it.
21. You can work at home and make $15,000/yr with minimal skills, if you don’t mind clerical work.
22. If you are out of luck, you can get meals and a place to sleep for free, for at least a week, in almost any city in the country. You can buy a presentable work outfit at a thrift store for under $5.
23. Almost anywhere you can find a church or a shelter to feed you and help you find a job, even if you just came out of prison.
24. You can phone anywhere in the US for free on a computer. You can get a basic internet line for $20/mth. Or you can get free wi-fi at dozens of cafes and libraries in any city. You can sit in them and enjoy their facilities, their electricity, and AC and heat for free, day after day, and no one will question you.
25. You can go to sleep every night in peace and quiet, with no airplanes and bombers flying overhead. You breathe clean air. The phone and internet work well almost all the time. The buses run on time. The trains run on time. Taxis are cheap in most cities. So are buses. You can travel anywhere in the country by bus.